Time just changed and the adjusting has begun. It gets darker earlier and the cold is easing in. Many people notice the seasons change in more than just their calendars, but also their bodies and mood. In this post, we’ll dive into some best practices and products to ensure you’re equipped to beat the winter blues and stay on track with your fitness goals. So, let’s roll up our sleeves, put on our workout gear, and discover how to keep the sunshine in your life, no matter the weather! 😊💪
- Exercise Regularly: We strongly encourage you to maintain their fitness routines, even through the busy holidays. Exercise is a powerful mood booster, releasing endorphins that can help combat SAD.
- Light Therapy: Light therapy lamps mimic natural sunlight and can help regulate mood during the darker months. They are highly recommended by mental health experts and neurologists like Andrew Huberman from The Huberman Podcast. Give this episode a listen. This can also help ease Jet lag.
- Group Workouts: Group workouts foster a sense of community and motivation. Social interaction can combat feelings of isolation associated with SAD. Pinnacle Fitness can help with partner personal training and our group Pinnacle Pump classes. We have the best trainers and clients around.
- Nutrition: A balanced diet with foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon and walnuts is so important in reducing symptoms of depression.
- Mindfulness and Meditation: These practices can significantly alleviate the symptoms of SAD. Whether you use your workout as your meditation, take group yoga classes, get a private yoga session scheduled with Sangeeta, or use an app like Calm or Headspace.
- Light Therapy Lamps: As mentioned earlier, light therapy lamps can be a game-changer for your clients. You can grab an affordable travel option like Happy Lamp for under $50. Schedule a session in our Infrared Sauna for a super boost!
- Vitamin D Supplements: During the winter, the lack of sunlight can lead to a vitamin D deficiency. We suggest incorperating more Vistamin D into your diet but you can also grab a supplement from a reputable source like Thorne.
- Aromatherapy Diffusers: Aromatherapy with essential oils can create a calming environment. Diffusers can help to uplift moods.
- Fitness Trackers: Need encouragement beyond the gym? Have you tried the Oura Ring? This health tracker measures your heart rate, sleep, stress, body temperature and hormone cycle (for the ladies), and more! Size up and let us know what you think! We love it.
- Cozy Workout Gear: Sometimes, it’s all about motivation. Grab some comfortable, stylish workout gear that you can feel good in, even when it’s cold outside. Victory Man Shop offers a variety of great gear for all seasons. Shop the collection now.
By implementing these best practices and recommending these products, you’ll be making a positive impact on your mental and physical well-being. Don’t forget to schedule a personal training session or jump in a Pinnacle Pump class, where we can better support you in your wellness journey. Keep up the great work, and let’s beat SAD together! 😊💪